DOE POOL PUMP REGULATORY CHANGES ARE HERE.
HAYWARD HAS COMPLIANT SINGLE- AND
New regulatory standards set by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) affect in-ground and above-ground residential and commercial pumps
above 1 HP and up to 2.5 hydraulic horsepower.
Hayward has a broad range of compliant pool pumps that meet the new standards, including:
- All Hayward 1 HP Super Pump® single-speed models
- All Hayward 1 HP MaxFlo XL™ single-speed models
- All Hayward variable-speed models
Hayward is the industry leader in energy efficient variable-speed pumps as measured by the new DOE weighted energy factor (WEF) standards, boasting the industry’s highest WEF rated pool pump per published ENERGY STAR® data(opens in a new tab).
QUICK REPLACEMENT GUIDE
Find Hayward pump replacements for single speed, two-speed and variable-speed models.
THE TRUTH ABOUT DOE CHANGES.
Effective July 19, 2021, the goal of the new DOE pool pump regulatory standards is to reduce energy usage.
DEALER INVENTORY NOT AFFECTED
- Dealers can sell and install any pump models until inventory runs out
- After July 19, 2021, manufacturers are responsible for producing pumps that comply with new regulations
MAJOR BENEFITS FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS
- New labeling requirements make it easy for consumers to compare efficiency of pumps
- Higher efficiency standards help consumers save energy and money
A NEW WAY TO MEASURE ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- Weighted energy factor (WEF) is the new standard for evaluating pump efficiency
- The higher the WEF rating, the more efficient the pump
CHECK OUT OUR ONE-PAGE DOE FACT SHEET
DOE RESOURCE CENTER.
BLOG POST: WEIGHTED ENERGY FACTOR FOR POOL PUMPS
HAYWARD'S DOE WEBINAR
HAYWARD'S DOE REGULATORY WHITEPAPER
SEE WHAT THE CHANGES MEAN FOR YOU.
Learn more about the new DOE regulatory changes and find out what you can do to prepare.
TOP-LINE DOE FACTS
HAYWARD DOE WEBINAR PART I
VSP TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
UNDERSTANDING WEIGHTED ENERGY FACTOR (WEF)
HAYWARD DOE WEBINAR PART II